Birthbalance Childbirth and Parenting Courses welcome Women and their Partners/birth supports from all over Auckland to their well known and well liked comprehensive antenatal classes. Our venue is based in East Auckland and Pukekohe. Courses are run on Wednesday evenings or Saturdays in the conference room at Eastridge Church. 559 Chapel Road, Botany (next to Botany College) and on Sundays at the Plunket Rooms 22 Edinburgh St Pukekohe.
Birthbalance courses focus on what is important to you, therefore course content will change to suit your needs.
Our basic content includes:
- Building a relationship with your LMC
- The importance of knowing your rights
- Pregnancy discomforts and warning signs
- Preparing and planning for the labour and birth that YOU want… be it at home, birthing unit or hospital.
- The important role of your partner and/or support people.
- Natural birth – trusting your body.
- Medical pain relief
- Caesarean section and interventions
- Breastfeeding—how to… and support
- Safe sleeping FOR BABY
- Practical parenting – bathing, dressing, nappies
- The early days…. Getting to know your baby – the realities of new parenting
- Support in the community in the antenatal and postnatal period.
- Pregnancy massage by your partner/support person
- Organized 1ST coffee/support group session attended by the facilitator to answer any new parenting concerns.
90 minute Early Pregnancy courses Saturday (see course dates for times) $25.00 per couple
2 week – 12 hour Comprehensive courses: Saturday 9—3pm. $150.00 per couple
7 hour Condensed courses: Saturday 9 – 4pm or 2 x Wednesday evenings 6 – 9pm. $100.00 per couple
1 day Condensed course: Sunday 9 – 4pm. $100.00 per couple
To view the next available courses visit http://birthbalance.co.nz/next-available-courses/
Facebook page www.facebook.com/birthbalancenz
Phone/text 021 353313 .
We look forward to meeting you soon.