Birthbalance Childbirth and Parenting Courses welcome Women and their Partners/birth supports from all over Auckland to their well known and well liked comprehensive antenatal classes. Our venue is based in East Auckland and Pukekohe. Courses are run on Wednesday evenings, Saturdays in the conference room at Eastridge Church. 559 Chapel Road, Botany (nxt to Botany College) and on Sundays at the Plunket Rooms 22 Edinburgh St Pukekohe.
Birthbalance courses focus on what is important to you, therefore course content will change to suit your needs.
Our basic content includes:
- Building a relationship with your LMC
- The importance of knowing your rights
- Pregnancy discomforts and warning signs
- Preparing and planning for the labour and birth that YOU want… be it at home, birthing unit or hospital.
- The important role of your partner and/or support people.
- Natural birth – trusting your body.
- Medical pain relief
- Caesarean section and interventions
- Breastfeeding—how to… and support
- Safe sleeping FOR BABY
- Practical parenting – bathing, dressing, nappies
- The early days…. Getting to know your baby – the realities of new parenting
- Support in the community in the antenatal and postnatal period.
- Pregnancy massage by your partner/support person
- Organized 1ST coffee/support group session attended by the facilitator to answer any new parenting concerns.
4 week comprehensive courses: 6—9pm Wednesdays
2 week comprehensive courses: 9—3pm Saturdays
1 day condensed: 9am – 4pm Saturdays
Course fee: $150.00 comprehensive/$100 condensed per couple (refreshments served)
Venue: 559 Chapel Road, Botany
1 day condensed course: 9 – 4pm Sundays
Course fee: $100.00 per couple (refreshments served) Venue: Pukekohe Plunket Rooms Edinburgh St, Pukekohe
To view the next available courses visit http://birthbalance.co.nz/next-available-courses/
or go to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/birthbalancenz or contact us on Mob 021 353313 by text or phone.
We look forward to meeting you soon.