Did you know that you can get free maternity care (if you are a New Zealand resident) from a Doctor (GP) or Midwife while you are pregnant, and free blood tests? It is very important for your baby that you attend all of your antenatal appointments.
How to find a Maternity Provider
- Ask family or friends who they went to see when they were pregnant
- Ask your family doctor
- Call Mum2B on 0800 686223
- NZ college of midwives website – www.findyourmidwife.co.nz
- Did you know you can change your Lead maternity career (LMC)(doctor or midwife) if you are unhappy or have any concerns?
Labour, birth and the early days
- Where do you want to have your baby?
- Who would you like to be with you as a support person when you have your baby?
- Where will you have your postnatal stay?
- Who do you have to help support you and baby at home?
- Do you know what support there is in the community for you and baby?
- Did you know that there is help in the community that can come to your home for breastfeeding support?
- Do you know when your baby requires their immunizations and checkups?
- Do you and your support people know the most up to date and safest way for your baby to sleep?
- Join a coffee group – we can help! Or a mens support group.
- There are lots of things to discuss with family, friends, midwives and doctors when you are pregnant.